Note: Updates are based on a two-week “look-ahead” provided by the project contractor, I.W. Harding Construction Co. Inc., of West Bridgewater, MA. The schedule is subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances, including weather, delivery of materials, subcontractor availability, or unknown subsurface conditions.
WEEK 16: BEGINNING MONDAY, APRIL 12, 2021
Schedule of work
- Beginning 4/12/2021: The removal of sidewalk and curbing is scheduled to continue on the west side of the project area. Sidewalk removal will take place on the even-numbered side of High Street and wrap onto Church Street; construction will proceed toward Union Street. Multiple crews will work in sequence to minimize disruption.
- Impact: Access to storefronts shall be maintained during sidewalk and curbing removal operations, but will briefly be disabled for approximately a 30-minute-long period as work progresses directly in front of each building/doorway.
- The contractor will continue installing underground electrical conduits for new street lighting structures. This work will proceed up the east (odd-numbered) side of High Street and Church Street to Water Street, and then loop back to Union Street on the west (opposite) side of the downtown project area. Crews are also anticipated to begin irrigation set up for the new landscaping.
- The contractor will continue to install new curbing. Pedestrian access will be maintained at all reasonable times.
- Impact: “Spot” No Parking zones will be in place during work, affecting multiple parking spaces at each work site. Two-way vehicular traffic will be maintained throughout the entire work zone. The width of the roadway will be reduced near each location, with traffic control by police detail officers. All motorists - and motorcyclists, especially - are advised to use caution while traveling on High Street and Church Street. Drivers are encouraged to seek alternate routes and should expect minor delays.
STAY CONNECTED DURING CONSTRUCTION
Our team is available to you for the duration of this project. Should you have any questions or concerns about this project – you may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the DCRP hotline by dialing (888) 386-2586. Calls that are received after work hours or during the weekends will be returned promptly the following business day.