"To serve as the Resource Center for the community's elders and their caregivers. We will provide services and programs that include health, education, nutrition, recreation, transportation,and advocacy for elders."
The Clinton Senior Center building was once the private home of John Foster. It was built for Mrs. Foster in the early 1880’s. The house was built as a scaled down version of a Parisian Chateau. At the time of the house’s original construction there were 20 separate rooms spread among 3 floors for residential use. Each of the rooms featured hand-carved woodwork, each room decorated with a different type of oiled wood- oak, maple, cherry or walnut. The leaded stained glass windows are imported from France. The downstairs ceilings decorated with paintings.
John Foster lived in the home for 15 years until his death in 1897. In the early 1900s Dr. Walter P. Bowers, a physician and surgeon at the Clinton Hospital spearheaded a group to form the Clinton Home for the Aged People in October of 1902. The building has been used as the Clinton Senior Center since 2016.