Note: Updates are based on a two-week “look-ahead” provided by the project contractor, I.W. Harding Construction Co. Inc., of West Bridgewater, MA. The schedule is subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances, including weather, delivery of materials, subcontractor availability, or unknown subsurface conditions.
WEEK 19: BEGINNING MONDAY, MAY 3, 2021
- Week 19: Beginning the week of May 3, 2021, I.W. Harding Construction Co. Inc. is scheduled to begin pouring and finishing concrete sidewalks on the east (odd-numbered) side of High Street, as well as the segment of Church Street between High Street and Walnut Street.
- Every effort will be made to ensure continuous access to storefronts and residential entrances. In order to achieve this, ramps will be used and pouring will be staggered. To minimize disruption, residents and business people who have the opportunity to enter their property from secondary entrances are requested to do so.
- Vehicular access to the following areas will be limited:
- Parking lots and driveways accessible from High Street
- Pierce Place
- French Terrace
- Richardson Place
- Battista Court
Residents and business people who normally park in these areas are requested to park on street during the required 3-day cure time before vehicles may pass over new sidewalks. Please reach out to our team with any concerns.
New sidewalks should be ready for pedestrians approximately 24 hours after pour.
- The removal of sidewalks and curbing is tentatively scheduled to reconvene on the west (even-numbered) side of High Street during the week of May 10, 2021.
Impact(s): “Spot” No Parking zones will be in place during work, affecting multiple parking spaces at each work site. Two-way vehicular traffic will be maintained throughout the entire work zone, except at parking lots, driveways, and minor lanes as noted above. The width of the roadway may be reduced near each location, with traffic control by police detail officers. All motorists - and motorcyclists, especially - are advised to use caution while traveling on High Street and Church Street. Drivers are encouraged to seek alternate routes and should expect minor delays.
STAY CONNECTED DURING CONSTRUCTION
Our team is available to you for the duration of this project. Should you have any questions or concerns about this project – you may send an email to email@example.com or call the DCRP hotline by dialing (888) 386-2586. Calls that are received after work hours or during the weekends will be returned promptly the following business day.