Note: Updates are based on a two-week “look-ahead” provided by the project contractor, I.W. Harding Construction Co. Inc., of West Bridgewater, MA. The schedule is subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances, including weather, delivery of materials, subcontractor availability, or unknown subsurface conditions.
WEEK 30: BEGINNING MONDAY, JULY 12, 2021
Week 30: During the week of July 19, 2021, I.W. Harding Construction Co. Inc. is tentatively scheduled to perform the following construction activities:
- The reconstruction of the upper half of Church Street will begin on Monday, July 19, 2021. The roadway will be closed from Walnut Street to the intersection of Church Street and High Street for excavation and paving. No parking or traveling will be allowed on this portion of the road for approximately three days while work is performed (7/19/2021 to approximately 7/23/2021).
- Final Road Paving: Final road paving is scheduled for Wednesday, July 21, 2021. Miscellaneous advance work and follow-up activities will be underway throughout the entire project area prior to the paving of the top coat layer.
- While disruptions are inevitable, the reconstruction of High Street will be phased in such a manner as to minimize inconvenience to residents and businesses in the work zone. The completion of this work will be dependent on good weather.
- Construction Impacts: Two-way vehicular access to local businesses on High Street and Church Street will be maintained with detours in place. Motorists and pedestrians are encouraged to use caution while traveling through the work zone and to expect brief delays. Follow posted detour signage and instructions from the Police Detail Officers that will be present. Please seek alternate routes during work hours.
- Parking Restrictions: No Resident or Overnight Parking will be allowed on High Street and Church Street during final road paving. All cars must be removed, and parked on adjoining streets with egress away from High Street; If a car has not been removed, they will be towed. Regretfully, the Town had to tow several vehicles in the project area during the last phase of paving. To reduce impacts as much as possible, it is encouraged that vehicle owners be mindful of parking restrictions to facilitate efficient work.
Keeping in mind the needs of local businesses, residents and employees are urged to seek other parking accommodation during this time. The duration of this restriction is subject to change due to weather or other extenuating circumstances.
On-street parking may be available on:
- Walnut Street
- Prospect Street
- School Street
- Union Street
- Nelson Street
Public parking lots are located on:
- Church Street
- Walnut Street
- Water Street
STAY CONNECTED DURING CONSTRUCTION
Our team is available to you for the duration of this project. Should you have any questions or concerns about this project – you may send an email to email@example.com or call the DCRP hotline by dialing (888) 386-2586. Calls that are received after work hours or during the weekends will be returned promptly the following business day.
Downtown Renderings – September 2020 (PDF)
2018 Clinton Wayfinding Report (PDF)