Rodent control is an ongoing process for most communities. Rodents are very adept at living off of our mistakes.
To make sure you are not contributing to their breeding, the following guidelines are helpful to follow:
- Make sure you always secure all garbage and food in tight-fitting containers. Rats will eat just about anything that is available.
- Pet food left outside is another attractant that should be avoided.
- Feeding wildlife, especially the birds is a nice idea, but rats thrive on any available food, especially birdseed.
- Large accumulations of trash and other debris make great hiding places for rat and mouse harborages. Keep yards clean.
- Check your foundations for suspicious holes and secure all openings to avoid access for rodents.
- If you notice any rodent activity on your property, there are many licensed pest control companies in the area to assist you.